In this guide, you will learn how to apply update from ADB sideload. This is a straightforward process that can be used to update your phone with minimal effort. You may find yourself in a situation where you cannot download the update to your phone, or the downloaded update cannot be installed on your phone. In this case, you can use the ADB sideload method to update your phone by downloading the update zip file to your computer.
What is ADB?
ADB is a command-line tool that is used to interface with Android devices. It can be used to execute commands, transfer files, and perform various tasks.
Read: “IPhone Photos Not Loading” Issue | Easy Fix
How to apply updates from adb?
To know how to apply update from adb, you must first enable the “Android debugging” option on your device.
- This can be done by going into the Settings menu then select “Developer options”. Once this menu is open, check the box next to “Android debugging” to enable it.
- Once you have enabled this option, you will need to connect your device to your computer via a USB cable.
- After connected, open up a command prompt or terminal window and navigate to the platform-tools folder in the ADB installation directory.
- On Windows, this is typically found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools.
- On Mac, it can be found in the /usr/local/bin folder. Once you are in the platform-tools folder, execute the following command: adb devices.
This will list all of the connected devices that have Android debugging enabled. If your device does not appear on this list, make sure you have followed the previous steps correctly and that your device is correctly connected to your computer.
Now that you have verified that everything is set up correctly, you can begin using ADB to sideload updates onto your device. First, download the updated zip file that you would like to apply to your device.
Next, extract the zip file’s contents and place them in a new folder on your computer. This folder can be named anything that you want.
In this example, we will call it “update”.
Finally, open up a command prompt or terminal window and navigate the update folder. Once you are in the update folder, execute the following command: adb sideload filename.zip
“filename” is the name of the updated zip file you downloaded earlier. After a few minutes, the update should begin installing on your device. You will see a progress bar indicating how much of the update has been installed so far. If everything goes smoothly, your device will reboot, and you will be running the new update.
That’s it! You have now successfully installed an update using ADB sideload.
Read: Where Is Clipboard On IPhone? 4 Easy Methods To Find IPhone Clipboard
How to apply update from adb Adalah?
- Run the “adb logcat” to get device log information.
- Open your terminal, then type “adb shell dumpsys package com.android.update.PackageManager”.
- scroll down to where you see “update.boot” and “update.”
- Type “adb shell dumpsys package com” from the command prompt. android.update update-boot”.
- Type “adb shell dumpsys package com.android.update update”.
- Restart your phone and check the update from the settings menu.
- Now, you can apply update from adb adalah on your device on your computer.
- Install the .apk file on your device with the command “adb install -r update.apk”.
- New update will be installed on your phone.
These were the simple steps with the help of which you would know how to apply update from adb. I hope you found this article helpful. Do you have any other question related to this topic in mind? Mention it in the comments down below.