Are you encountering a ‘couldn’t open connection to server in android’ phone? The first thing you can do is not worry. This is most of the time a network error and is easily fixable. The other plausible causes for this might be cache issue, network glitches or system network settings. In any of the cases, the issue is resolvable. Follow the article to know more.
How to resolve your ‘can’t open connection to server’ issue?
Most of the times this issue gets fixed on its own. But if the problem persists, the following can be done to solve couldn’t open connection to server difficulty:
1. Restart your device
One of the primary things you can try to fix the problem is to restart your device. To reboot your device, hold and press the power button and choose restart option. Doing this generally overcomes the complication of ‘couldn’t open connection to server in android.’
2. Check your network
In case your ‘couldn’t open connection to server’, is recurring, check if your mobile network is working properly. See if other network services like calling or texting are working properly. If not, check the strength of the signal. Sometimes when we are inside a building, or in an elevator, network strength becomes weak. Move to a place where the signal reception is better. If you are inside a lift, try again.
- If the problem persists, try resetting the network settings on your device.
- Open “Settings” on your phone
- Go to “General Management”
- Find the option “Reset Network Settings” and click on it. Hit on reset to make the changes.
Resetting the network might be your answer to ‘couldn’t open connection to server in android’ error.
Read: Instagram Story Won’t Upload? 6 Easy Ways To Fix It
3. Check the SIM Card
Sometimes, the error is caused by a faulty SIM card. Your SIM card may relapse or stop working. To make sure, insert the SIM on another phone or re-insert it in your phone only. Check if other SIM functions like calling is working or not. If the SIM fails to operate these functions, then may be your SIM has been damaged.
Contact with your network provider to get it replaced.
Read: IMessage “Tap To Download” Issue Fix | 3 Methods
4. Clear System Cache
Clear the system cache to resolve the ‘couldn’t open connection to server’ glitch. Follow the steps given below:
- Switch off your mobile. Then press the volume up and power logo until an Android logo appears.
- Release both the buttons as the Android logo appears. The android system recovery menu will get opened.
- Under it, you will see a wipe cache partition option. Use the volume up and down button to get to the option.
- Hit the power button to select the option.
- Confirm the cache clear option and restart your phone.
This should clear the cant open connection to server error.
However, if you have tried all the solutions given and the cant open connection to server issue is not sorted, visit an IT professional or change your device.