This strange issue, which includes a notification that says “Downloading English UK update,” has been reported by a large number of Android users. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if the downloading process had completed at all. If you are facing the same issue which says speech service by google keeps downloading, this article is for you.
However, this vexing notification simply sits there with no progress. It neither downloads nor terminates. You’re probably reading this to get rid of it. It tries to download an English UK speech recognition file, as the notification suggests. When you say something to Google Assistant, it understands what you’re saying by following the developers’ rules.
The English UK file denotes the file used by Google Speech to recognize your speech. In this short guide, I’ll show you how to end downloading the English UK update file without damaging your phone and fix the issue of speech services by google download.
Read: “Couldn’t Open Connection To Server In Android” Error Fix | 4 Methods
Is There Something Wrong With The Network?
The notification states that the speech services by google download could not begin due to a network outage. However, if you try to browse anything else, you will find that your network connection is alright. As a result, neither your network nor your phone are the cause of the problem.
However, if you are unable to connect to the internet, it is likely that your network is the source of the problem of speech service by google keeps downloading. When you reconnect to the network, the English UK files will continue to download, and when they are finished, they will vanish. So check if anything is wrong if you are facing the problem of speech service by google keeps downloading.
Read: Where Is Clipboard On IPhone? 4 Easy Methods To Find IPhone Clipboard
Disable the Auto-Update
Your phone is currently attempting to download an updated version of English UK speech recognition. However, it is unable to progress the download due to an error, and it is the reason why you are facing the problem of speech service by google keeps downloading.
You can disable this file’s auto-update feature so that it does not begin downloading files without your permission. The notification may appear to some users as “downloading English US update on Android.”
The solution is the same regardless of which language version is being downloaded.
The steps to resolving this are as follows:
- On your Android device, go to Settings.
- To find ‘Google,’ scroll down to the options. Choose Google as your search engine. You will be redirected to Google settings as a result of this action.
- Select ‘Settings for Google Apps’.
- You will find a search, assistant, and voice option. Simply click on it. On the following page, click the “voice” button.
- The offline speech recognition option is available on the following page. This is what we were discussing. Tap it to activate it.
- Finally, on the right side of the screen, you’ll see the Auto-update option. Depending on your phone, you may have to scroll horizontally to find this. Select the auto-update checkbox.
- Select the Do not auto-update option and restart your phone. That should take care of the issue for the time being.
Google’s Speech Services Glitch is Being Fixed.
Another possible cause of this issue of speech speech services by google download is a bug in Google’s Speech Services app. If the first method didn’t work for you, give this one a try.
- The answer is straightforward. The Google Speech services must be uninstalled and then reinstalled. This will eliminate any bugs in Google Speech services.
- Go to your phone’s Settings and then to apps/applications.
- From the app list, locate the Speech Services by Google app. Simply click on it.
- You will now see the option to force close the app. Simply click on it.
- On some phones, Google Speech Services is a system app. There will be no uninstall option in that case. If the uninstall option is not available, click the Disable button.
The notification should now be removed from your phone’s notification bar. It will not be difficult to use the phone without the Google Speech Service.
Here is the part 2 for 3 more easy fixes to this issue: 3 Methods To Fix Speech Service By Google Keeps Downloading Issue.
Read: How To Get Snap Streak Back? Detailed Guide
These was a simple solution on speech services by Google keeps downloading issue. I hope your problem was solved. If you still face the speech services by google keeps downloading issue, let us know in the comments down below.