If you’re thinking about exchanging photos, you’re probably thinking about sending a text message without waiting a few seconds. Sending pictures to your friends is usually simple, but occasionally things don’t seem to function at all, and you become angry quickly. It’s an all-too-common iPhone error. You’re not the only one who has had trouble seeing photographs sent to you over instant message. You may receive a notification with the words “Tap to Download” and when you tap it, the text changes to “Downloading,” but this is not the case. For an extended period of time, you can see the words but not the picture.
If you wondering how to resolve imessage pictures not downloading error, then check out this article to know different ways to fix it.
Also Read: “IPhone Photos Not Loading” Issue | Easy Fix
3 Methods To Fix iMessage “Tap To Download” Issue
1. Sign in to your Apple ID once again
It’s probable that the issue of imessage tap to download stems from some corrupt files within the iMessage system. Also, it’s not a problem; simply sign in to your Apple ID again to correct it. It’s as simple as signing out and back in. Sighing out is the process of erasing all damaged files. Follow the simple steps below to sign in to your Apple ID once again:
- Return to your iPhone’s “Settings”.
- Select “Message” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Send & Receive” from the drop-down list. Tap on it to activate.
- If your Apple ID is available, press it until the “Sign Out” option appears.
- Log out and choose the option to “Use Your Apple Id for iMessage”.
- You’ll open a box. Put your Apple ID and password in the appropriate fields.
- Select “Sign In” from the drop-down menu.
2. Examine your Network Settings
If neither of the previous alternatives worked for imessage tap to download issue, the last step is to double-check your network settings. I hope it helps you fix the Tap to Download problem on your iPhone. Follow the simple steps to below to examine your network settings:
- To begin, navigate to your iPhone’s “Settings” menu.
- From the drop-down option, select “General”.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select the option “Reset”.
- From the drop-down option, choose “Reset Network Settings”.
- At this point, you’ll need the password from your iPhone. Enter if you’re prompted.
- You’ll be asked to confirm the network settings reset after entering the password. Tap the “Reset Network Setting” button a second time to reset the network settings.
Also Read: Airpod Case Not Charging Fix | 4 Easy Methods
3. Examine your MMS Settings
It’s possible that you haven’t switched on MMS Messaging on your iPhone, or that it turned off accidentally while you were doing something else. So, before you proceed, take a look at this to to resolve the problem which keeps saying imessage pictures not downloading. Follow the simple steps below to examine your MMS settings:
- Go to your iPhone’s “Settings” menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Messages”.
- When you click it, you’ll see an option to change “MMS Messaging” in the SMS/MMS menu.
- You’ll see a toggle key that can be switched on or off. If the toggle is switched on, it will be shown in the right corner.
- To turn it on, slide the toggle to the right corner if it is on the left.
Check if the Tap to Download problem persists after you’ve reset the settings. In most circumstances, the user is able to remedy their issue using one of the ways listed above.