Better Discord is a tool that helps you upgrade your experience with Discord. You can install themes with the help of this tool. It has become an alternative to Discord as it provides you with some exciting and additional features like themes, plugins and customization capabilities. There can be many reasons why you want to uninstall better Discord. Some of those reasons can be:
- Security issues
- Account ban
This is not legal as it violates Discord’s terms of service, which is why Discord can ban your account if you are using the application.
Whatever the reason, this article will help you guide you step by step.
How to uninstall better Discord?
There are two ways that you can follow to uninstall better Discord:
- Using app installer
- Completely uninstall and reinstall the app
Here I will guide you step by step about how to delete better Discord.
Way 1: How to uninstall better Discord by using app installer?
If you have “installer” app, this is the simplest way to uninstall better Discord. Many people don’t uninstall the app installer after downloading any app, so if you are one of them, it will help you here.
To use this app, first look over if you have the file present in your system or not.
You can look over the downloads folder or a general search to find whether the file is present in your system or not.
- After doing this, go to the Better Discord installer and check the box.
- You will find a license agreement in the box. Tap on “next”.
- Many options appear on your screen; click on “uninstall BetterDiscord”.
- You will be asked about the Discord version you are using. Answer that.
- Tap ” uninstall”.
- After completion of the uninstallation process, press “close”.
After following the steps mentioned above, Discord will now work without the Better Discord extension.
Sometimes, this method doesn’t work. So you can try this by another way.
Way 2: How to delete better Discord via Uninstall and Reinstall Discord?
Completely uninstalling and reinstalling is the second way to uninstall better Discord.
- Visit the windows settings.
- Check your “apps” section and locate Discord.
- Tap on Discord and press “uninstall”.
- Confirm the action.
- After doing this, visit the Windows Run application and type “%AppData%”.
- Click on “ok”.
- Tap on the BetterDiscord folder.
- Delete it.
To Reinstall the Discord app, you must visit Discord’s official website.
Choose “Download for Windows”.
After this, set up your Discord account again.
- Open the “finder” option and select “applications” from there.
- Locate Discord from the list of apps appearing on your screen.
- Tap on “move to trash”.
- Remove the Discord app data from the trash also. Visit the “app menu”, and then “go to folder” option.
- Tap on the search box and type “~/Library”, and click on “go”.
- Locate the discord file and click on “move to trash”.
To reinstall the app, you just have to visit Discord.com on the browser, and then you can download it from there.
I hope this article has helped you know how to uninstall better Discord without any hassle. If you still have any doubt, you can ask in the comment section.